Monday, January 6, 2014

How to succeed at fitting your pants without really trying

As previously mentioned, I'm a bit of a binge eater. I'm really an "excess in all sorts" type of person. It's why I don't really drink or do hard drugs. Once I pop, I can't stop.

I've learned in the past that this excess goes both ways. I'll diet to excess. Part of the reason Weight Watchers was such a huge success was because I saw it as a challenge. If one day I made it through with 21 of my 23 points, why couldn't I do 20 the next day? So on and so forth to the point I would be rocking about 400 calories a day...until I crashed and burned and ate everything that didn't eat me first.

So with this self awareness, I'm going to try something new. I'm going to track what I eat (via My Fitness Pal), but not limit my calories. The only limitation I will have is that I'm allowed a maximum of 2 servings of any particular item in a day (except for fruits, vegetables, and milk). By tracking my intake, I will be aware of how much I'm eating in a day. I'm also hoping logging on to report will stop me from bored eating.

I really would like a healthy relationship with food. I want to be able to enjoy eating, and not simply eat weight loss food that tastes like crap. But I also want to be able to stop with a handful of M&M's and not eat the entire family size bag in a day. I would like a package of Oreos to last a week, not an evening.

One thing I think will really help is that I actually made a 2 week meal plan and shopped accordingly. This will help me because I won't be grabbing dollar burgers here and there (and then eating 3 of them for a 1000 calorie meal).

If you want to friend me on MFP, I'm diomiralawrence

Til the next time, lovely readers. I'm going to go have some tea and a nice bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment