Monday, January 13, 2014

Stretching out your tightness; Good enough to make you grow

One thing I miss about my smaller days (or maybe it was just being in my early 20's), was my flexibility. I could palm the ground, do American splits, and sit on the ground and bend forward to kiss my knees. Now I can't even bend at the waist to touch my toes with my fingertips.

One of my goals this year is to read more novels. I'm trying to spend 20 minutes or so a few times a week reading while I stretch. That's one great thing about the Kindle is it's a lot less cumbersome than a 600 page novel. I'd like to be able to scratch my back without feeling like I pulled a muscle.

One thing about anything remotely close to exercise is that my brain goes batty if it's left alone too long without distraction. That's why meditation was never my cup of tea. I actively try NOT to be alone in my brain. Yoga actually seems really calming and awesome, but that whole inner peace thing escapes me.

I do need to set a better example for my kid. Maybe if he sees me stretching about he'll show some interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment