Thursday, January 9, 2014

When I wake up in my make up




I also don't keep up on things I really should, like mani/pedis, my hair color, or my eyebrows. Half the time I forget to wash my face before I go to bed and a bottle of foundation can last me upwards of a year. I know, I know, natural beauty, blah blah blah, but I feel better about myself when my hair doesn't look like crap and my toes aren't all snaggly, I just don't put in the time and effort necessary. It's not that I don't think I deserve to look cute and pretty, I just would rather look at funny pictures on the internet than spend 45 putting myself together. I'm not really that busy, to be honest. Sure, some days are chaotic, but for the most part, my life is fairly chill. I stay up way too late watching TV or reading that I just collapse into bed at 2 am. I need to make my body a priority, and I don't just mean weight or pant size.

Beauty is more than BMI. And for all the effort I put in to fitting my pants, I'm going to put equal amounts of effort into my presentation. I am worth 45 minutes in the morning to clean myself up, even if I don't leave the house all day and am only putting jammy pants on or never get out of my TARDIS robe (working from home is the bomb, yo). 

Also, I'm an adult and flossing my teeth should be part of my daily routine. I'm still not going to work out, though. Cause, eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment